Billbrain Institute of Technology (BIT) leverages the power of technology as an efficient and effective enabler to deliver flexible and convenient, yet affordable forms of education.
NETSACCO is a robust cloud-based solution for the management of Savings and Credit Cooperative Organisations(SACCOs), Savings Clubs, and Microfinance Institutions.
Techstore is Uganda’s leading online store for technology gadgets, computers, laptops, computer accessories, phones, audio-visual, as well as home and office electronic equipment in Uganda.
- Over 545 students enrolled as of September 2022.
- Over 1500 applicants received from both local and international students.
- Over 10 organisations consulted with for training, and in these engagements, over 600 indivuals trained in different skills programmes.
In partnership discussions with Uhuru Institute for Social Development to onboard 627 of their member SACCOs.
- Government of Uganda
- GA Insurance
- Cities Alliance
Tertiary Education Market:
Global; 2.9+ billion, MV US$ 5.81 trillion. Projected to grow to US$ 15 trillion by 2030.
Africa; 9+ million, MV US$ 3.8 billion. Projected to grow to US$ 10.43 billion by 2030.
Uganda; 200k +, MV US$ 95.4 million. Projected to grow to US$ 292.6 million by 2030.
21,346 SACCOs in Uganda comprised of 5.6 million members
Over 20,000 unregistered SACCOs.
47.1 million total population, MV US$ 375.4 million (Statista 2022)
13.2 million Ugandan active internet users. US$ 767.2 million projection of Uganda's e - commerce market by 2027.
Problem or Opportunity
The number tertiary institutions in Uganda comprised of both degree awarding universities and other tertiary institutions (i.e.the technical sub‐sector which offer diplomas and certificates) is not enough to take care of all the learning needs of the majorly youthful population in Uganda (UBOS, 2016). This challenge, to agreater extent applies to the entire sub-Saharan region.
Over 93% of SACCOs lack proper record keeping Mechanisms. This negatively affects;
accountability, transparency, sustainability, growth and development.
Customers today require convinience and online shopping offers just that. Being able to search for, find, purchase, and receive in the confort of their home, or office is ideal.
Solution (product or service)
- E-Learning offers flexible,convenient, yet effective means to attain education for both youth and people already in the market place to acquire new on-demand skills.
- Cost effectiveness in the sense that the level of capital investment required to set up is much less than the cost cost that would be required for physhical learning infrastructural setup.
- Ability to bridge the gap in delivery of educational services to previously under-served communities as this enables them to tap into both local orinternational learning opportunities.
Enables organised, efficient and all-round record keeping, enabling ease of management, transparency, accounting and scaling of operations, all within a secure and reliable environment.
- Connecting sellers to customers
- Connecting buyers to sellers
- Payments processing
- Facilitating delivery and customer service
- Ayo Uganda
- Air Save
Advantages or differentiators
- Online delivery
- Formally structured tertiary curriculums
- Ownership of study programmes
- SACCO management system
- Accessible via mobile and web
- Multi-user single license access
- Direct customer support
- Offer services to corporate clients
- Accessible to both managers and members
All three ventures backed by the Government of Uganda.
Mainly generates revenue through student tuition fees & consultancy service payments.
21 diploma courses charging an average of US$ 429.92 per Ugandan student per year and US$ 845 per international student per year.
21 certificate courses charging US$ 323.13 and US$ 655.
20 short courses charging US$ 109 and doesn't apply to international students.
5% on every product sold through the platform.
Additional revenue generated through advertisements made by those targeting suppliers and buyers on the platform.
1) Full-term Diploma and Certificate Courses
These attract S.6 and S.4 leavers and professionals already in the market looking for knowlege enhancement, and specialisation.
2) Short Courses
These are self-paced and open to all interested for on-demand skills.
Training & capacity building for organisations, business consulting, innovation and research.
4) Professional Services
Offers technological, technology-enabled and business development services.
- Member management
- Loan management
- Savings management
- Share capital management
- Manage incomes and expenses
- Generate analysis and reports
- Online account access
- Preview bio data
- Online loan requests
- View loan portfolios
- View savings
Operating an effective e-commerce store where sellers get business through orders and where clients find quality products, make purchases, and receive customer support for any purchases. Revenue is generated from obtaining a mark-up over and above the product wholesale price.
Money will be spent on
US$ 500,000 for a 10% stake;
40% capital investments
30% marketing and advertisements
20% operational enhancement
10% administrative functions
US$ 100,000 for a 20% stake;
50% product marketing and promotion
30% system support and continuous development
US$ 100,000 for a 20% stake;
40% capital investments
40% marketing, promotion and advertisements
20% operational expenses