A 4 in 1 digital entertainment platform where Arab audience can watch, listen, read & play at the lowest subscription plan, with unlimited access to the most exclusive & original multimedia library.
- Generated $130k revenue in 2021 by publishing services and direct sales.
- Acquired 13000 units of content
- More than 9500 titles listed
- More than 18000 units sold
- More than 3500 authors listed
- Road map: Q2 2022- Menassati 4 in 1 launch, Q1 2023- Original content growth, userbase growth and market expansion.
Problem or Opportunity
Whilst there are a host of SVOD platforms for customers to choose from, there is a dearth of good quality Arabic content, and a very limited and controlled offering due to the monopolies that are centralizing the production. Additionally, approximately 45% of the population in the MENA region have an income below USD 5.50 per day. With the number of subscribers to SVOD platforms in the region expected to grow by 15% annually , there exists no affordable all-in-one platform to cater to the needs of this segment of the population.
Solution (product or service)
During 2021, Menassati successfully tested their proposition by focusing on the direct sales of e-books to its users. Menassati generated revenue of $130K by doing so. Going forward, Menassati aims to become an all-in-one platform exclusively hosting Arabic content. Subscribers to the platform will be able to experience videos, vodcasts, podcasts, e-books and games from over 10k+ content creators in the region, all at an affordable price of $5.99/month. The low price-point will allow Menassati to cater to the needs of the population not currently served by other SVOD & entertainment platforms.
By decentralizing and democratizing the Arabic digital content, Menassati will be able to handle both b2b and b2c models.
- b2b: being the only one stop hub for the biggest multimedia metadata to be distributed on multi platforms to create multi revenue channels for Menassati and its content creators.
- b2c: Menassati offers different plans to its customers: freemium plan with ads generated income, and Subscription plan of 5.99$ for unlimited access.
Menassati gets 50% share on each subscription, and pays 50% to its content creators based on a pro-rata formula and cost per impression.
Incubation/Acceleration programs accomplishment
3-month acceleration program with a European accelerator (Fil Rouge Capital) in 2020.