Lit-Era is a crowd-publishing literary platform which allows authors to monetize their books at any stage of writing. We combine crowd-publishing with ebook self-publishing on one platform. Imagine that you have possibility to read the first chapters of the unpublished book of your favorite author before it will be published.
It was common situation for Charles Dickens, Ray Bradbery, Conan Doyle to publish their novels part by part in magazines. And only then novels were published as a complete books.
Why now, in the age of the Internet and e-books, you have to wait until the complete book is published?
We decided to change this. We decided to give the authors opportunity to sell books as they are written.
Moreover such kind of self-publishing protects the author from the piracy. No pirate library publishes incomplete book, they wait until the author finish it.
• The US-only e-book market in 2015 is approximately equal to the worldwide digital music market. The E-book market of Great Britain earns as much as mobile games in Great Britain.
• Low growth on the e-book market means +16% yearly (advanced market of Great Britain). Normal growth starts from +30% (Germany) and +100% (Russia).
• Despite the growth of e-book sales, the average level of writer’s income in Britain has been decreasing. Professional writers earned £11,000 in 2013 instead of £15,450 in 2005. The non-professional authors did £4.000 (2013) instead of £8.810 (2000).
Problem or Opportunity
As a self-publisher author needs to:
a) publish ebook on the diferent stores (kindle store, ibook, kobo)
b) contact with readers in the social networs (facebooks, twitter)
c) contact with readers in the literary communities (goodreads)
d) maintain his webpage to publish teaser parts of the book
So i's a hardwork but after publising the book writer gets new problem: PIRACY.
Solution (product or service)
We are creating a literary network where every author hasowm page for book publishing, for networking with readers. All these pages are situated in the common marketplace with hge number of readers.
E-book stores such as:
Advantages or differentiators
We combine best features of all our competitors bulding a literary network where writer may:
- publish books
- network with readers and colleagues
- sale book even in the process of creating pubishing it part-by-part (or publish it for free)
Sales comission (common for all marketplaces)
Social networking (sales of rewards)
Money will be spent on
New market penetration
Offer for investor
We propose a company share and strong vision of future exit for both of us (founders and investors)