Litnet is literary marketplace which allows authors to monetize their books at any stage of writing. Our model of distribution decrease the problem of piracy and couldn´t be easily copied by traditional e-book stores (Kindle, iBooks, Tolino). We sell the ebook a step before the traditional ebook stores and get main revenues from sales.
• The US-only e-book market in 2015 is approximately equal to the worldwide digital music market. The E-book market of Great Britain earns as much as mobile games in Great Britain.
• Low growth on the e-book market means +16% yearly (advanced market of Great Britain). Normal growth starts from +30% (Germany) and +100% (Russia).
• Despite the growth of e-book sales, the average level of writer’s income in Britain has been decreasing. Professional writers earned £11,000 in 2013 instead of £15,450 in 2005. The non-professional authors did £4.000 (2013) instead of £8.810 (2000).
Problem or Opportunity
As a self-publisher author needs to:
a) publish ebook on the diferent stores (kindle store, ibook, kobo)
b) contact with readers in the social networs (facebooks, twitter)
c) contact with readers in the literary communities (goodreads)
d) maintain his webpage to publish teaser parts of the book
So i's a hardwork but after publising the book writer gets new problem: PIRACY.
Solution (product or service)
We are creating a literary network where every author hasowm page for book publishing, for networking with readers. All these pages are situated in the common marketplace with hge number of readers.
E-book stores such as:
Advantages or differentiators
We combine best features of all our competitors bulding a literary network where writer may:
- publish books
- network with readers and colleagues
- sale book even in the process of creating pubishing it part-by-part (or publish it for free)
Sales comission (common for all marketplaces)
Social networking (sales of rewards)
Sales comission (common for all marketplaces) Advertising Social networking (sales of rewards)
Money will be spent on
New market penetration
Offer for investor
We propose a company share and strong vision of future exit for both of us (founders and investors)
Won the competition and other awards
2nd place of Startup Battle at Login 2017 (Vilnius 24-26 May 2017)