Web3 platform leveraging DeFi & ReFi solutions to maximize income for
carbon credit projects. The first fully decentralized environment for tokenizing, trading, financing, and offsetting
TakeCarbon will be launching its MVP during the 3Q2023 and setting the foundation for a revolutionary platform that will transform the carbon credit market.
By the end of 2023, the platform will be fully operational, providing liquidity to carbon credit-generating communities and creating a direct connection between originators and buyers without exploitative middlemen.
Three main groups of customers:
1- Carbon credit originators: They can tokenize their certified carbon credits and get access to a liquidity environment provided by investors and final consumers without middlemen.
2-) Liquidity Providers (crypto investors and traditional financial players): They can provide liquidity to a decentralized environment, investing either in specific carbon credit projects or in a basket of them, earning potential returns and rewards by incentivizing the ecosystem.
3-) Big companies and individuals interested in compensating their carbon footprint can find certified carbon credits in quality and quantity in a single place interacting directly with the carbon credit suppliers without middlemen.
Problem or Opportunity
We aim to remove the barriers that are holding back the Voluntary Carbon Market.
- High transaction costs, arbitrage as the ruling business model:
significant part of the money does not reach the origin of the carbon
credits, where it is needed most.
- Information asymmetry, deficient and untransparent price formation.
- Heterogeneity among carbon credits prevents the development of
a scalable market solution.
Solution (product or service)
We bring a better and scalable solution that promotes straightforward connections, reduces transaction costs and removes middlemen. Our platform works in a quite simple way: • Tokenize your carbon credits and get access to a liquidity environment. • Earn potential returns and rewards providing liquidity to this environment. • Offset your carbon footprint, while supporting impactful initiatives.
- Flow Carbon - Moss Earth - Klima Dao
Advantages or differentiators
We are the unique complete solution for tokenizing, trading, and offsetting carbon credits in a fully decentralized way, without buying and selling carbon credits at any time and not interested in exploiting arbitrage possibilities.
We are the only one that definitely addresses the carbon credit heterogeneity issue without focusing on specific niches or standardizing different carbon credits and associated co-benefits.
Our business model allows lower working capital necessities and focuses on delivering the most value for carbon credit originators. Keeping preserved the essence of the carbon credit mechanism.
Fee-based revenue structure:
- fee over the tokenized volume. - fee over carbon credit trading value (liquidity pool). - fee over impact tokens trading value (Impact store). - fee over carbon credits offsetting volume.
Fully decentralized application based on smart-contract solutions enabling low costs and opex.
A fee-based business model that charges small fees on each user interaction with our platform's smart contracts: Tokenization, trading, and carbon offset.
We are leveraging smart contracts to enable significant cost reductions and profitability in the carbon credit market.
Decentralized operations featuring low OPEX, allowing the charge of extremely competitive fees while generating cash and promoting incentives to the market's exponential growth.
Money will be spent on
More than 72% will be used for technology infrastructure and team, provide initial liquidity for projects and marketing activities, and the remaining will cover legal and SG&A expenses.
• Regulatory changes may impact the company's business model, which could create uncertainty for investors and customers. • Government policies and regulations could change at any time and impact the company's operations. • Susceptibility to carbon credit certification companies: Policies, processes and credibility of them could affect TakeCarbon services. • Economic downturns or recessions could impact consumer spending, which could negatively impact TakeCarbon's revenue and profitability. • Highly competitive industry.
Incubation/Acceleration programs accomplishment
UPTEC - Technological Center of Porto University - Incubator Program Members of the Founders Members Association of NOVA SBE (School of Business and Economics) - Portugal. NewChip Accelerator Program - Ongoing.