Ridelink is giving SMEs access to 1million trucks at the tap of a button;
We are democratizing transport for SMEs in emerging markets by creating transport economies in the supply chain.
1. Ridelink has served SMEs in the manufacturing, health, agriculture and e- commerce sectors; a total of 2312 clients have been served so far.
2. We have moved cargo to a total of 1,300,000 metric tonnes including, Coffee, Agricultural produce, paper bags, tea, agricultural supplies, Drugs and wheat.
3. A driver pool of multi national origins mainly from Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Sudan and Rwanda totaling to 5678.
Problem or Opportunity
The cost of transport in emerging markets like Africa accounts for up to 40% of the total cost of the supply chain. This is prohibitive for SMEs which neither own their own transport lines nor produce enough to fill trailers and trucks on their own.
The resultant effect is failure to scale and 70% of all startup businesses in countries like Uganda end up dying at infancy. Currently the single fleet owners fleece the users due to unregulated market dynamics and the available service mix is not tailored to the needs of the small business operators but rather target big players who can afford.
Solution (product or service)
Ridelink is an e-logistics platform connecting small and medium enterprises to professional truck drivers to enable safe and affordable mobility of cargo from point of production to point of sale. We are leveraging artificial Intelligence (AI) and big data to create transport economies for SMEs and usher them into logistics of the fourth Industrial revolution(4.0.)
Ridelink is concerned about sustainable use of the environment and through our business model of demand aggregation we are able to reduce carbon emissions into the ozone layer by reducing the number of trucks plying same routes.
Ridelink charges 15% on all completed trips transacted through our online platform. The data collected on the Ridelink platform is used and accessible to both the external and internal customers and aids evidence-based decision making.
Value addition: Ridelink ensures due diligence is done on all the drivers and truck owners, and that a reasonable fee is charged which is not prohibitive to the user but at the same time not exploitative to the service provider.
Incubation/Acceleration programs accomplishment
1. Growth Africa Accelerator (https://growthafrica.com/re-imagining-how-smes-move-people-and-goods-ridelink/)
2. Google for Startups Africa Accelerator (https://startup.google.com/accelerator/africa/)