iFunza provides is a system that connects teachers, parents, students and school administrators. We leverage blockchain to create a reward system and for data integrity. We also leverage artificial intelligence for predicting student outcomes.
We currently have 15 schools and are growing at a rate of 2 new schools every week. We expect this number to increase once schools reopen in January 2021.
The market education technology (EdTech) is in flux and expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 18.1% from 2020 to 2027.
We target students, parents, teachers and school administrators. There are 78,405 Primary and Secondary schools in Kenya. The number of customers who can actually buy our solution is the 16,594 private schools. We exclude Government schools which would require a funding partner to deliver the services. Our next goal is expand from Kenya into the rest of the East African market.
Problem or Opportunity
The problems we see faced by educational institutions that we can solve are:
1. Difficulty in tracking student performance
2. No way to track compliance with the CBC curriculum
3. Costly and inefficient distribution of information
4. Tedious & time consuming ways data management
5. Strenuous oversight
6. Challenge in providing timely access to information
Solution (product or service)
The following are the solutions offered by the iFunza platform:
1. Increasing parent engagement
2. Improving operating efficiency
3. Improving education outcomes
4. Access to education finance
5. Recruiting quality educators
6. Performance management
The following are the competitors to our platform.
3. Google classroom
4. Microsoft teams