ZeLoop provides is new platform engaging consumers in the circular economy and contributing to the reduction of plastic waste that litters our planet.
The solution is composed of a mobile phone application; ZeLoop that will reward consumers for collecting plastic bottles. It is designed to provide interaction between consumers and stakeholders of the plastic bottle circular economy; municipalities, retailers to brand owners.
Mobile App launched June 25th for early adopters.
Blockchain supported reward engine operational and crypto tokens Eco Rewards minted.
LOI for partnership in USA and Uruguay signed
Discussion with brand owners ongoing that should lead to participation in the app gamification
Our targeted users will be consumers and citizens concerned by the protection of the environment who are willing to participate in the change for a healthier planet and happy to be rewarded for this. Millennials and Generation Z are the primary user target.
Our customers will be partners through membership and generation of in-App gamified challenges (Eco-missions) will provide revenues.
Targeted partners (discussion already initiated with some major groups) :
• Plastic bottle producers (like Coca Cola that accounts for 25% of all beverage plastic bottles sold in the world) that actively work on plastic impact reduction programs.
• Brand owners investing CSR and sustainability budgets on actions to reduce human impact on the planet.
• Municipalities that are involved in waste management, concerned about their city’s environment preservation.
• Environmental organization that mobilize companies and consumers on actions towards sustainability.
• Retails shops and supermarkets chains that want to increase the loyalty of consumers to their shops and play an active role in deposit schemes.
• Recycling actors that value plastic collection as a resource key for the financial balance of their activity.
• Producers of Reverse Vending machines specialized in the collection of bottles.
Problem or Opportunity
Planet Earth, our home, is suffering. And one of the main reasons is the misuse of plastic.
Plastic littering has become a very real threat today to the life on Earth as every piece of plastic that we throw out into the environment releases toxic chemicals or particles that make the water and the soil impure and unfit for use. If that’s not enough, it eventually ends up inside us and every other organism on Earth.
This needs to stop and we need to do something NOW!
The issue is not plastic as a material but the ways in which we use it and most importantly, how we dispose of it.
We at ZeLoop are on a mission to bring together every individual on Earth in a mutual effort to reduce plastic littering and bring a significant impact on the health of our world, nature and our fellow beings.
This is only possible with a new mindset and improved behaviour.
There are many stakeholders ready to invest in solutions that will tackle this major issue; regulators, municipalities, brand owners, retailers and recycling and waste management companies
Solution (product or service)
Our solution is new platform engaging consumers in the circular economy and contributing to the reduction of plastic waste that litters our planet.
The solution is composed of three elements :
- A mobile phone application; ZeLoop that will reward consumers for collecting plastic bottles. It is designed to provide interaction between consumers and stakeholders of the plastic bottle circular economy; fr om municipalities, retails, recycling companies to beverage bottle producers.
- A platform built on a blockchain-powered reward engine wh ere other eco-friendly applications rewarding citizens can be connected in a suite of solutions for sustainability and environment protection.
- A utility crypto-token providing the link to the whole ecosystem created by our platform.
Out of 250 mobile application on waste management that we have surveyed, more than 100 are focused on collection logistic optimisation.
Very few are gamified, none are using blockchain.
However, there are non-mobile application-based solutions like deposit schemes, the use of reverse vending machines, or home sorting systems that can reduce the interest of using our solution.
Advantages or differentiators
Our mobile application is based on crowdsourcing of collection points so it can be deployed rapidly worldwide. Users map points that once validated by ZeLoop administrators become available for the community to start deposit used plastic bottles and earn crypto-tokens. Using a blockchain-powered reward engine, our platform can accommodate various applications that would aim at rewarding pro-environmental behaviours whether this would be other recyclable such as aluminum cups, textiles, tires, batteries, or utility savings like water or electricity. The blockchain also offers full traceability and security on every transaction.
Our revenues will come on B2B (App is free for users)
- Platform use
- In-App gamified challenges (Eco Missions): sold by unit or annual membership for complete program for user engagement or/and employees engagement
Business plan P&L : Year 3 Revenue : USD 1000 000
We anticipate additional revenue from advertising and commissions on market place. This will be evaluated once users' acquisition will be sufficient to allow to put the relevant structure in place.
Cost structure : Business plan Year 3 : USD 800 000
Salaries for operating and sales team
Cost of goods
- Platform use : USD50 000/Set up plus USD5/user
- Eco Missions : USD 1 000/Unit or annual membership for complete program USD 10 000
Once we reach 100 000users, we will add a premium version.
Money will be spent on
- Human resources: team expansion - Marketing : users acquisition, market visibility - IP : patent process completion - Product development: additional features with next levels of gamification - Initial Exchange Offering of the tokens
Offer for investor
The first round of investment: USD 200 000 for additional 10%
The second round of investment: USD 800 000 for additional 20%
Our first challenge is user acquisition and retention in the app. Building a strong community will be key to secure partners. Using a mobile phone as support allows reaching many users but one has to be visible enough in the over-saturated mobile application space
The second risk is an acceleration of the implementation of deposit schemes, they are costly, work on a stick approach but proved to be efficient. Gamification is growing and we will see the emergence of more and more solutions trying to solve the same problem using a reward.
Finally, our success could be our risk too, a competitor could emerge with more funds to deploy more rapidly by copy cat our principles. We have a process patent pending but protection requires financial strength.
Incubation/Acceleration programs accomplishment
Market Access, Dubai chamber
Patent pending in USA: No. 62/990,744; Method of Compensating Individuals Using Verification