In 5 years most of the data in the world will be processed at the Edge - but the edge is different. It is dispersed in thousands of locations, sometimes with limited connectivity, in hard to reach places, doing critical tasks that should never stop. That’s why we created NodeWeaver: nano clouds that run any application, anywhere, with no management. A system that learns constantly from what happens, learns how to handle it and share this knowledge with all the other nano clouds, so that all together they become more intelligent and more capable the more installations are made.
- Third largest hardware manufacturer in the world (SuperMicro) just launched their new retail platform based on NodeWeaver
- 300+ paying installations worldwide, 73 customers
- Fortune 500 IT Tech vendor: Building their edge product portfolio on NodeWeaver, launch in Q3 2020
- 5 major PoCs:
Autonomous vehicles' data transfer system with one of the Big 3 worldwide automakers,
2 PoCs in retail for major chains in UK and Canada, PoC with a major German system integrator, PoC with a major worldwide automotive parts manufacturer
- Industrial Internet Consortium: We are part of the Intelligent Video test drive with several major IT partners
- video processing, surveillance, security, automated checkout in cashierless stores
- network function virtualization, telco network infrastructures
Problem or Opportunity
75% of the data generated in the world will be processed outside traditional data centers (Gartner), for a market estimated in $18B by 2022. There is an entirely new market for devices designed to run in difficult and unmanaged environment that can run any application in a cloud-like environment, but without the need for connectivity and management.
Solution (product or service)
We developed a software platform that runs on a wide variety of hardware platforms, and can execute applications (traditional VMs, kubernetes, serverless) without requiring any management. We can handle any kind of application (for example, video processing, deep learning, industrial control) at scale, providing high availability and all the features of a cloud platform for one twentieth of the resource utilization.
Market is still in massive expansion. WindRiver has around 60% of the Telco market, most of the early adopters either have traditional datacenter solutions or have rolled in-house tools.
Advantages or differentiators
- one order of magnitude smaller than the competition -> able to run on much smaller hardware systems, better economics for the customer
- autonomous operation: nodeweaver handles all the common system administration tasks in a completely autonomous way thanks to its integrated AI engine -> lower deployment and operation costs
- software-defined virtual platform -> can provide high availability and resource control to all applications, including legacy ones
We license our software - either as a perpetual license + yearly support & updates, or monthly. Product is licensed per physical node, $1,300 + $600/year for support, updates and remote management or $99/node/month.
We expect to reach 1M$ in revenues this year; 60M$ in 5 years.
Software is licensed per-node, either with a perpetual license + yearly maintenance fee or through a monthly, pay-as-you-go model. We mostly sell through IT integrators, hardware vendors, third party software companies that provide IT solutions in the retail, video and industrial sectors.
Money will be spent on
- Certification programs to get government and military clearance
- expansion of our developers and support groups
- marketing and partnerships