Wisdo (#1 app on Google Play in 2019 for Social Impact, 5 Best Apps on Google Play for 2019 in Personal Development, World's Most Innovative Company by Fastcompany for 2019) crowdsources the shape of anxiety creating life journeys to connect people with others who have "been there", in a community ranked by Helpfulness rather than popularity. We make these connections within 10 seconds.
The experiences that we are currently "mapping" include Coronavirus Anxiety, Dealing With Lockdown, Diagnosed With Coronavirus and Being Furloughed Or Let Go from Work.
- Since launching in early 2018, Wisdo has "mapped" 26,000,000 life events and has triggered 27,000,000 conversations between people who've been through similar life events.
- We've started monetising in a Subscription mode in November 2019 and has since since 5x the industry benchmark for payments (~20%)
- We're currently signing Partnerships with major commercial and other partners in then US, to match people with others in a new and empowering way based on the Wisdom Graph rather than the Social Graph.
- We are becoming the go-to for college students whom have been hit hard by Coronavirus and are looking for urgent emotional support.
- Having achieved product market fit and validated a safe business model, we are raising more money to grow especially in these anxious times.
$3.1 Trillion Wellness Market.
Calm provides wellness by Relaxation.
Headspace provides wellness by Meditation.
Wisdo provides wellness by surrounding you with people who are good for you.
Problem or Opportunity
Social Networks have been shown to triple Perceived Social Isolation the more you use them.
This trend has been especially true amongst younger social network users, aged 20 and younger, creating a conversation around the benefits or else long term damages of social networks traditionally celebrated as a positive force for good. Additionally, Facebook, Reddit, and other social platforms have also been severely criticised lately for fostering offensive “fake”, and even hurtful exchanges that are not blocked or removed for fear of user or advertiser retaliation.
Wisdo’s innovation - crowdsourcing life’s architecture to create meaningful connections between people who have been there, as well as providing proactive and predictive 1:1 matches - counters these trends by demonstrating that a safer, more authentic and more empowering social platform can be built and maintained, with the enthusiastic support of both investors and users.
Since the Pandemic outbreak we've seen Anxiety rocketing on Wisdo and around the world, with college aged users hit hard emotionally as their plans for the future are blown up and made irrelevant - work, studies, debt, etc. When you need to connect to someone who's "been there" and is ranked by HELPFULNESS rather than Popularity, all current solutions are lacking. Wisdo can help and is helping: 90% of our users in the past 30 days have been from New York or London, the two cities that have been hit hardest in the West. 85% of these are people aged 18-25.
Solution (product or service)
Wisdo helps people cope with the anxiety and fear of major life experiences by:
1. "Mapping out" the shape of life's most emotionally charged experiences - by people who've been there. We are the only online service that is mapping out the structure of Coronavirus Anxiety, by people who are suffering from it.
2. Providing 1:1 and 1:Group matches to peers who have "been there", have been helpful to others, and can help within 10 seconds and less
3. Providing ongoing mentoring and curated helpful user generated content that can help reduce Anxiety and increase social support, as well as urging people to "help others" in turn and earn helpfulness badges such as Helpers, Guides, Mentor and more.
- Facebook Groups
- Businesses who sell to anxiety relieving solutions to Employers (e.g Ginger.io)
Advantages or differentiators
1. An award winning consumer wellness product
2. A highly connected team of seed investors including Rick Klausner, Bob Nelsen, Marius Nacht, Tom Alberg and others
3. Proprietary technology around a crowdsourced architecture of life's most meaningful "Timelines" coupled with a proactive/predictive Wisdom Map recommendation engine
4. A world yearning for emotional wellness particularly in the 18-34 age group
Monthly Subscription: $5.99
Yearly Subscription: $39.99
1:1 Mentoring: $59.99 a session
For b2bc Partnerships: $10,000 a month to maintain a "Timeline" and receive Wisdom Maps dashboards
1.) Subscription – Live since November 2019:
~15% subscribe, 4 months after launching Subscriptions in November 2019; 25% subscribe in key verticals - 5x industry benchmark
65% buy within 2 minutes; 50% buy yearly subscriptions; CAC for a Subscriber is ~$10; CAC=LTV already
2.) 1:1 Mentoring – Live from Q3 2020
From Q3 2020, Wisdo will offer 1:1 Mentoring sessions / paid content in addition to Subscription.
Money will be spent on
Growth and user acquisition - product market fit and unique technology have been achieved
Offer for investor
In light of the opportunity to promote Wisdo in the current climate, grow and help more people - we are re opening the recent round for internals and 1-2 new investors. The pre of the previous round was $19M. 2 of our recent investors would like to re-invest.
A previous incarnation of the company called MediCope participated in a Microsoft Health Accelerator in 2015
Won the competition and other awards
#1 app on Google Play in 2019 for Social Impact
5 Best Apps on Google Play for 2019 in Personal Development
World's Most Innovative Company by Fastcompany for 2019
4 Times App of The Day Recognition by the Appstore in 2019
1. Patent family #1-Methods and systems for dynamically generating real-time recommendations. This family contains two US registered patents
U.S. patent No. 9,710,757 issued on July 18, 2017.
U.S. patent No. 10,380,505 issued on August 13, 2019.
2. Patent family #2 - Systems and methods for user matching. The application discloses a system and method for matching between a plurality of users in group chats based on life events
One pending international patent application (PCT/IL2018/051154). The PCT application was filed on October 29, 2018 claiming priority from two earlier U.S. provisional patent applications filed on October 30, 2017 and October 31, 2017. The 30-month deadline for national phase entry is April 30, 2020. By that date the application may be filed in any PCT member state (~150) while maintaining the claimed priority of October 2017.