IMAGINE THE WORLD, WHERE EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER. SIGNLANG IS A REAL-TIME GESTURE RECOGNITION TECHNOLOGY.
A software solution that combines a hardware and a software and ensures of gesture dialog logging and immediate translation of sign language to text or voice and reverse
Having bootstrapped our first initial proof-of-concept prototype, we have built a dataset of medical interpretations in Russian sign language and gained some interest from potential clients such as Yandex, Sparkasse and Societe Generale. The TAM is US $7 bn. for the service providers and, according to World Health Organization, is growing rapidly.
We are looking to raise a total of $ 2 000 000 as our first external investment round. We plan to do it as a combination of fund raising in an exchange for 20% of equity (post-money) and applying for EU grants. SignLang plans to use these funds to hire a team of graphic designers, developers and sing language interpreters and to complete user- and client- interfaces of the product in German sign language in banking sector scaling it further across the country.
Thank you for your time and consideration
TODAY, OVER 5% OF WORLDS POPULATION HAS DISABLING HEARING LOSS
466 million people in 2018 and growing. It is expected by World Health organisation that in 2050 this number would be 900 million.
We estimate Total Addressable Market to be at US $7 bn. for the service providers
Problem or Opportunity
90% OF DEAF PEOPLE FIND IT DIFFICULT TO GET ACCESS TO DAILY SERVICES!
• Today, 72 million people use sign language for primary communication
• In Europe on average, there is less than 1 sign language interpreter per 100
sign language users
• Many communities have access to auditory support devices like hearing aids or implants to «comply» with European Accessibility Act
• Over 90% of surveyed people find it extremely difficult to get an efficient quality access in services such as medical, banking, education, etc.
• 72% of them live in homes with families that don’t learn sign language
• Overall, unaddressed hearing loss poses an annual cost of US $750 billion
SignLang aims to become the leading technology solution across Europe, helping people with hearing impairment to break barriers of communication.
Solution (product or service)
SIGNLANG IS A REAL-TIME GESTURE RECOGNITION TECHNOLOGY
A technology that combines a hardware and a software and ensures of gesture dialog logging and immediate translation of sign language to text or voice and reverse
- Deepsign uses machine learning algorithms and inverse kinematics and enables dynamic training
- The neural network detects the gesture and process into dataset, then maintains the dataset and trains itself
Advantages or differentiators
• The only two-sided translation solution
• Does not use a stationary device and has only 1 camera (not more)
• Does not require any additional equipment such as 3D or sensor gloves
Revenue forecast (Germany only):
Year 1: 65 000 USD
Year 2: 3 200 000 USD
Year 3: 12 000 000 USD
Year 4: 25 300 000 USD
Revenue model and pricing:
1) One-time sale of SignLang device (camera + tablet) per e.g. bank branch or hospital at $ 1100 per set
2) Annual dataset license subscription at $ 500 per user per year
Money will be spent on
We plan to develop and test an MVP in banking sector in Hamburg, Germany with a dataset of over 2000 sign language interpretations enabling a two-way communication between retail banking service providers and sign language user.
$ 2 000 000 INVESTMENT IS PLANNED TO FUND 2 YEARS OF OPERATIONS:
1-2 freelancer-interpreters for sign language translation, 2 3D graphic designers, 4 software developers
3D gloss, work stations, servers, cloud and framework services, LIDR cameras, computers, tables for prototyping
Travel, business development, sales, marketing and exhibitions
Misc. and reserves 2%
e.g. extra stock to secure more orders
Offer for investor
We are looking to raise a total of $ 2 000 000 as our first external investment round. We plan to do it as a combination of fund raising in an exchange for 20% of equity (post-money) and applying for EU grants.