Problem-based education costs a lot, ... Harvard, Minerva, École 42 ... but, with artificial intelligence algorithms to automate its execution, we will democratize access to quality professional education for everyone who wants it.
We are a team of corporate education executives with extensive experience in tailoring educational products to the needs of companies, schools, and HR recruiters.
At OpenPBL, this team is simplifying problem-based education to help businesses and schools develop increasingly important behavioral skills for $ 5.30 per student per month.
At the stage of validating the business plan premises. We will soon start pilot operations for the MVP.
Professional specialization. Technical and higher education level.
Problem or Opportunity
Despite the growing importance for professionals of all levels in adding behavioral skills, companies and schools are unable to expand the offer of specialization courses by the EXPERIMENTAL method because of the high costs involved.
Solution (product or service)
Low-cost teaching system to accelerate the EXPERIMENTAL development of behavioral skills.
- Third-party assets guarantee the availability with an increase in the company's activities.
- Artificial intelligence reduces the costs of producing content and evaluating students.
Resources available in the education system:
- Integration with the LMS of companies and schools.
How it works:
The teaching system automates the creation and execution of specialization courses based on problems.
Hybrids courses (90% asynchronous and 10% synchronous)
Competitors also support companies and schools in the same movement.
PBL CONTENT PRODUCERS (content)
- Business case catalog
- Educational consultants
NICHO SYSTEMS (software + content)
- Language teaching
- Business games
Advantages or differentiators
Initially, we are looking for the competitive advantage of the low cost of the education system in the pioneering nature of the project.
Next, we will maintain this advantage with the accumulated learning of machine learning models for each career offered.
Problem-based learning (PBL) is a proven effective learning strategy for developing behavioral skills. Its execution process involves high costs with adequate environments for synchronous activities and with teachers prepared and trained in the method.
The strategy proposed by OpenPBL to enable the development of a teaching system based on LOW-COST problems is:
(1) Automate the stages of content production and performance evaluation of students using trained machine learning models;
(2) Reduce the size of the classes so that the synchronous sessions of the PBL can be carried out in rooms for 10 people, whose offer in co-workings is large.
Licensing of the teaching system (software + content + classrooms).
- Companies can train more employees through the EXPERIMENTAL method.
- Schools can offer new specialization courses for their students.
- Recruiters can select professionals more accurately for their clients.
Proposals in partnership with consultancies specialized in corporate education.
Money will be spent on
We seek investments of $ 132,000:
(1) to proceed with the training of our machine learning models;
(2) to validate our profit margin assumptions (of around 40%) and, most importantly,
(3) to demonstrate that there are no theoretical barriers to take this fabulous way of teaching to all corners of the world.
Offer for investor
Offer for sale of 16% interest in 8 shares of US $ 17,000 each.
The biggest risks mapped are that we are unable to achieve the minimum expected performance of machine learning models.
Risk 1: Is it possible to obtain a minimum accuracy from machine learning models for the task of automatic text construction based on a graph-type data structure, instantiated with information extracted from interviews with business managers?
Risk 2: Is it possible to maintain the effectiveness of the facial recognition and text transcription models for the purpose of automated classification of the performance of students in the classroom, subject to audiovisual capture by commercial devices with integrated camera and microphone?
Incubation/Acceleration programs accomplishment
Our research laboratory is incubated in one of the most prestigious academic institutions in the world.
The birthplace of the Embraer aircraft factory, the Brazilian Institute of Aeronautical Technology is located about 100 kilometers from São Paulo, in the city of São José do Campos.