Photo - TamoVip
play_arrow
View
49167

TamoVip

We connect idols and fans.

Brazil
Market: Entertainment
Stage of the project: Operating business

Date of last change: 09.09.2020
Rating
equalizer from 2000
help
Calculated and estimated occupancy of the project (more about ratings)
My rating
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Average rating:

Idea

We connect idols and fans by creating a new category of gifts in video message format.

Current Status

We have our V1 in the air for 2 months and as a C2C marketplace we need to create traction by bringing celebrities to our platform. Just as Uber has drivers, we have celebrities, while the ride has videos present and the final customer who will consume it. With 4 months of operation, we have already registered more than 150 celebrities and broadcast over 200 videos. We are starting to activate celebrities for the sales phase.

Market

Brazil is the second country that most uses social networks in the world and currently the category of engagement with celebrities is the one that grows the most in 2020, precisely in this market of social networks that Brazil is so strong. On the other hand, only in 2019 did e-commerce earn 14.08 billion dollars, showing the potential of the marketplace here - having a market with a very strong national culture, we believe in the great potential for success of TamoVip.

Problem or Opportunity

We realized the need for small celebrities to be able to monetize their image and the difficulty for fans to connect with their idols. So being a C2C company, on the one hand we have the celebrities who served to supply the demand for videos monetizing their image and on the other end we have customers who want to buy a personalized video of their favorite idol, either for himself or as a gift on a special occasion. Brazil is the second country that most uses social networks in the world and in 2019 e-commerce earned 14.08 billion dollars, we believe that we have great potential here. In the USA, the celebrity market is the fastest growing in recent years and our business model has been receiving a very interesting acceptance with Cameo.
Their traction on revenue is going from $ 0mm two years ago, $ 5mm last year, $ 100mm this year and with an estimate to become a unicorn by the end of this year.

Solution (product or service)

We have the celebrities who served to supply the demand for videos making your image more profitable and on the other hand we have customers who want to buy a personalized video of their favorite idol, either for himself or as a gift on a special occasion. Our sales team does the onboarding of the celebrity on the platform, the end customer requests his video, the celebrity makes the recording, sends the video and receives the money. After all this process the client receives your video.

Competitors

We have some competitors in Brazil such as Manda Salve, Hello Fan and Okanal that are already in the market for more than 1 year and have an average of 12% growth in the last 4 months. TamoVip, on the other hand, had a growth of more than 830% in the same period, being higher than the competitors.

Advantages or differentiators

Our advantage is that we have a very good team of professionals and celebrities who are engaged with the business.

Business model

Our C2C business model seeks to be democratic, our Celebrities receive 75% of the value of each video that is traded through the platform and we keep the other 25%. For now, our main acquisition channels are through social networks, where we have a very good Sales team to do this. Our main metric is the number of celebrities, videos traded and clients of the platform. In which we maintain a very good growth curve during these 4 months of operation.

Money will be spent on

We intend to scale the business and expand to Mexico in 2021 and Chile and Colombia in 2022

Team or Management

Product Video

5,00
1
2
3
4
5
1 voice
Sign in/Sign up
arrow_back
EN
more_horiz
close
visibility64
star0
Add to favorites
Delete from favorites
share
close
thumb_up3
Like
Unlike
Idea
Current Status
Market
Problem or Opportunity
Solution (product or service)
Competitors
Advantages or differentiators
Finance
Invested in previous rounds, $
Business model
Money will be spent on
Offer for investor
Team or Management
Mentors & Advisors
Lead investor
Risks
Incubation/Acceleration programs accomplishment
Won the competition and other awards
Invention/Patent
Photos
Product Video