As nonbiodegradable waste, tires are cause of bacteries, dangerous diseases, huge CO2 emissions, huge useful land wastage. We solve this problem turning waste tyres into valuable commodities in demand like carbon black and biofuel.We do it with our special know-how. Our difference is our additives to products after recycling process.
It is been 6 years we are doing R&D studies on recycled carbon black and biofuel and we have produced prototypes in laboratory.
To run recycling company we needed to get tough and costly permissions from government. And after our first round investment we have completed permission phase. So we are ready to open up to the world.
We are on the way of scaling up building lean production line in Turkey (Ankara). We are in dealing phase with recycling equipment suppliers. Once we establish our facility we will be able to offer very valuable and enriched carbon black and biofuel (also tire derived pure steel as our additional product) for main industries like energy, tyre production, paint, steel, textile and much more alike.
Also currently we are in the phase of characterization of carbon black product with big Turkish companies like BRISA and SOM KARLAS. These are big parties of tyre and rubber industry. Also in energy sector there are various potential energy distributors we are planning to make a contract. Also we will provide pure steel to big parties of metallurgical industry. Ultimately there is 50 Million USD sales contract is ahead of us.
Global Carbon Black Market size is about 20 billion USD. And it is expected to be 23 billion USD by 2026.
The biofuel we produce is capable to generate 3 MW/H energy. Economical equivalent of this is 399 USD per hour.
Currently we are in the phase of characterization of carbon black product with big Turkish companies like BRISA and SOM KARLAS. These are big parties of tyre and rubber industry. Also in energy sector there are various potential energy distributors we are planning to make a contract. Also we will provide pure steel to big parties of metallurgical industry. Ultimately there is 50 Million USD sales contract is ahead of us.
We mentioned which industries are our potential marketplaces. We are thinking big and don't split world to any segments. The world is very small now. We will be available and reachable for all our potential buyers in the world.
Problem or Opportunity
Let's start with the traditional version of carbon black and fuels. Without new recycling technologies these two products are produced from crude oil, coal, aromatic carbons and other petrochemicals. Also with very dirty and costly practices. This is a main problem: costly and dirty practices to produce valuable commodities. Also restrictions by government parties to dirty practises are increasing. Parallelly cost of the products are being raised. Therefore buyers of these products are seeking for new supply options. Here we are stepping into.
We are offering recycled carbon black and fuel produced from waste tyres. Cost is low (waste is free). Practice is clean (we are building net-negative process). Also after activating process of carbon black (with our special know how and additives) and distillation of biofuels we will produce quality, cheap, in demand products.
Potential buyers of carbon black: Tyre producers, rubber industry players, textile producers, parties of paint industry, chemical industry and much others. (Don't forget: almost every black thing contains carbon black)
Potential buyers of biofuel: All parties (from A to D) of energy industry. The biofuel we produce is capable to generate 3 MW/H energy. Economical equivalent of this is 399 USD per hour.
Solution (product or service)
- Recycled Carbon Black
- Tyre derived steel.
Main advantages our buyers will have:
- They will purchase cheap but quality product. Because we are turning tyre into value.
- Our buyers will stay 'clean' and will be a part of circular economy. It will keep them away from environmental restrictions.
- Our buyers will step up to sustainable production practises.
There two types of producers:
- Traditional producers
In new circular economy era our main competitors are other waste tyre recycler. Some of them are listed:
- Black Bear Carbon (Netherlands)
- Pyrolyx (Germany)
- Scandinavian Enviro (Sweden)
- Delta Energy (USA)
Advantages or differentiators
The main problem is this: How we will enhance the carbon black to reach the quality and parameters of standart and traditional carbon black?
The answer is not related to recycling process. It is related to enrichment procedures after recycling processes.
With our know how we can acquire 50% purer carbon black and %70 more carbon content in this product. Ultimately we get more demandable product.
Also we enhance biofuel and get high calorific value, low sulphur and ash rate, we control parameters of biofuel as viscosity. As a result you can replace dirty gasoline and diesel with our biofuel.
Our main costs:
- The rent of our factory (in Ankara: Capital of Turkey)
- Equipment maintenance costs.
- Labor costs
- Office costs and worker salaries
Our revenue streams:
- The revenue will stream from the product sales. Which with 30 ton of daily waste treatment capacity we will gain 3.2 million dollars of annual return.
Our business model:
- We are collecting municipal wastes (tyres). Also there are some offers from other countries to collect their wastes. So feedstock is easily reachable.
- After getting products from waste and after enhancment of product quality, we will sell recycled carbon black to rubber manufacturers and tyre producer. Which we are already in the phase of product characterization with some big tyre and rubber manufacturers of Turkey.
- Also we will sell our biofuel to energy developers. And because the energy is the main shortage in the world. The energy developers have high interest to our recycled biofuel with high calorific value.
- Also we will sell steel to steel manufacturers as a pure steel.
Money will be spent on
Mainly money will be spent for:
- Equipment purchases
- Labor costs
- Office costs
- Costs of running different departments as R&D, marketing, procurement, sale etc.
- Manufacturing overhead
- First risk is the convincing carbon black user companies to change their supply practices. Our upcycled product is much more cheaper than traditional carbon balck. But companies might suspect about the quality of upcycled product. But after prooving our enhanced product's quality this risk will be overcomed.
- Second risk is the current situation of the world. Because our deals with suppliers and buyers are based on materials the lockdown might reduce our efficiency. We are looking for ways of tackling this situation.
Incubation/Acceleration programs accomplishment
- Now we are the part of ''Idea to Business'' acceleration program of ''Istanbul Trade Chamber''. They provide us with an office and mentor supports.
- Also we have participated in ''ITU SEED'' startup acceleration program. This incubation program is a project of ''ITU TEKNOKENT (Istanbul Technical University)''. And it is among the 3 most succesfull accelerator programs in the world.
- In 2018 in the ''Big Bang'' event (the main event of ''ITU SEED'') we were one of the most succesful 5 startups and got a private office support.
Won the competition and other awards
Every Year European Parliament seeks for a startups which are able to change the world. And in 2018 they also reached out for us and we were chosen as one of 50 world changer by European Parliament. We were invited to Brussels and we had a presentation in the international event.
We will manufacture our own tyre pretreatment technology. And we already applied for equipment designs and technology.
Application to ''Turkish Patent and Trademark Office''.